Intercity Church of Santa Maria

게시판 (Boards)

Date : 18-10-08 08:16
Who has a hold on Hope? (2)
 Writer : 관리자 (73.♡.164.79)
View : 3,268  
While the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) trumpets denial, some of its compatriots turn to mockery. Also posted at the Wisconsin State Capital is a large poster sponsored by the Atheists, Humanists, and Agnostics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Bearing an image of tangled spaghetti, the copy reads as follows: "BEHOLD THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER. HE BOILED FOR YOUR SINS! BE TOUCHED BY HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!" 

The eruptions of anti-God, anti-Christian vitriol that we will witness across America over the coming weeks embody more than a faux intellectual argument over the separation of church and state. They represent an all-encompassing, impassioned aggression aimed not only at the exercise of religion in the public arena, but at every church, Christian organization, and professing Christian believer as well. Above all, they are attacks on Jesus Christ and all He embodies.
In reality, the atheists, humanists, and agnostics have little chance of universal success. Despite the fact that many of our "progressive," liberal academic institution and social revisionists are aquiver with the current fad of godlessness, several factors forecast their downfall:

(1) They are  decisively outnumbered. For example, the FFRF boasts a membership  of "more than 22,500." According to a 2014 Pew Research poll, 70.6 percent of Americans still say they believe in Jesus Christ. That means seven out of every 10 people in the United States (population of 321.6 million) in some way identify with Christianity. 

(2) They bring a message of despair. They try to convince people that the atheistic life holds hope, promise, and expectation when it really encapsulates the complaint of the ancient heathen: "We go down in death, but we make no return in the morning." Death without a blessed destiny is not a message of hope but, rather, a grim reminder of a line from William Henley's poem Invictus: "Beyond this place of wrath and tears/Looms but the Horror of the shade."

(3) They are no match for the Lord of lords and the eternal benefits He will surely deliver. When the swaddled Christ Child was placed in a loving Jewish mother's arms more than 2,000 years ago, the world was given a new beginning-one that fulfilled every jot and tittle of what the prophets of old promised. He was a Child of promise unlike any other. He was destined to be a King-one of quite a different kind. Someday He will return to assume His earthly throne in a literal Millennial Kingdom. Until then, He reigns in the hearts and lives of innumerable believers the world over. 

Because Jesus came to Earth and endured the cross, He fulfilled every hope-sustaining promise enumerated in God's Word to those who believe. And, amazingly, the spiritual treasures He imparts are not restricted to the rich, powerful, and privileged-which is man's way of doing things-but to individuals like you and me. 

Are these things real? Ask the countless millions of believers who have received them in their own lives over the millennia. Inquire of those still streaming to him and finding new life. They will tell you in one burst of affirmation. What Christ offers is real for now and forever. His is a story that never grows old. 

All the atheists, humanists, and agnostics without faith in Jesus Christ will pass from this life. scripture says, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out" (Jn 6:37). Christ has never rejected anyone who has come to Him, and I can guarantee He won't start with you.