Intercity Church of Santa Maria

설  교 (Sermon)

Date : 20-03-09 07:59
The Nation under a Curse (Ps 33:12)
 Writer : 관리자 (73.♡.173.231)
View : 1,215  
For years, preachers warned from their pulpits that America is heading toward the judgment of God. With God there are only two choices. Either we live under His blessing or we live under His curse. Incidentally, that choice is ours. God's blessings come from obedience to His Word. His curse comes from disobedience. The Bible teaches that curses are very real. They can follow a person or a nation for generations, finally breaking them spiritually. Prov 26:2 says, "Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, so a curse without cause shall not alight." When someone speaks a curse against you and you are not protected by the blood of Christ, that curse will stick. It can follow you and your family for generations. 

When Adam and Eve sinned by partaking of the forbidden fruit, God spoke the curse into existence. God cursed the ground, the woman, the man, the serpent, and Satan. It was a curse that plagues all mankind. It was a curse that changed mankind forever. The ground was cursed so that it produced thorns and thistles, weeds and crabgrass-and that curse exists to this day. The woman was cursed with the pain of childbearing and monthly menstruation. And she still is. The man was cursed so that he had to earn his living by the sweat of his brow. And he still has to. All because Adam ate    that wretched apple. The serpent was cursed in that it had to crawl on its belly in the dust from that day forward. When weeds no longer grow, when women no longer have pain in childbirth, when men to longer work to make a living, and when snakes stop crawling, the curse will cease. Until the curses are very real. 

Christians who believe that such curses cannot be personalized should consider the biblical account of Jacob who unknowingly destroyed his own wife Rachel. Jacob informed his wives Rachel and Leah that they were leaving to go to the Promised Land. Unknown to Jacob, Rachel took the idols of her pagan father, Laban, with her. When Laban discovered they were missing, he pursued them, catching up to them in three days. Laban accused Jacob, saying, "You have stolen my idols!" Jacob, believing Laban was tricking him to get him to return, spoke a curse: "If any one of my servants has taken your idols, let him or her die" (Gen 31:1-32). One year later, his own young wife Rachel died in childbirth. And that's far from the only illustration of curses in the Bible. 

Joshua also invoked a curse. After destroying the city of Jericho, Joshua made a bold announcement. "Cursed be the man before the Lord who rises up and builds this city Jericho; he shall lay its foundation with his firstborn, and with his youngest he shall set up its gates" (Josh 6:26). Hundreds of years later, as recorded in 1Ki 16:34, a man by the name of Hiel attempted to rebuild the city of Jericho. Just as Joshua had prophesied, the man's oldest and youngest sons died. Has it happened since? Yes. 

Curses are real
Behind Every Curse is a Cause 

Anti-Semitism is an example. It is a historical fact that the nations of the world have been blessed through the Jewish people. Jesus said, "Salvation is of the Jews" (Jn 4:22). The Jewish people gave Christianity the patriarchs-Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. In Gen 12:3, God says to Abraham, "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." 

The Jewish people gave us the prophets-Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and Isaiah. Contrary to what most Renaissance artist depict, Mary, the mother of Jesus, is not an Italian. Mary, Joseph, Jesus, the first family, they are all Jewish. Almost every word in the Bible was written by Jewish hands. I believe that is why Satan hates the Jewish people to intently. They produced the Word of God, and they produced the Son of God that broke Satan's hold over humanity. I believe that anti-Semitism is a demonic spirit born in the bowels of hell to retaliate against the Jewish people for the good things they have done to bring the light of God to humanity. 

The Jews are the seed of Abraham, and God loves them. They are the apple of God's eye, and they are the family of God. If you bless them, God will bless you. And if you curse them, the judgment of God will come upon you. Pharaoh, who drowned the Jewish babies at the time of Moses' birth, was later drowned by the hand of God. Haman, who long before Hitler planned the genocide of the Jewish people and built the special gallows to execute the Jewish leader Mordecai, later met his own fate on those very gallows-and so did his family. Exactly what he had intended for the Jewish people happened to him.  

There is the Judgment of God on an Individual

It comes to dishonest parents. Prov 17:13 says, "Whoever rewards evil for good, evil will not depart from his house." The Bible teaches that such curses follow four generations-160 years. We have seen the troubles spill over to the third generation of some of these great families. A father may place his family under a curse by his dishonest business deals. Father, if you are making your living by misrepresentation, inside deals, or cheating the public, stop it. You are placing your family under a curse from God. It will stay there for 160 years. Nothing can remove that curse-other than repentance and restitution. 

It comes to children who are dishonoring parents. A curse also comes with dishonoring your father and mother. Let me tell you flatly and emphatically that millions of American young people are under his this curse of God for their rebellion against their parents. Ex 20:12 promises that you shall honor your father and your mother "that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you" (Ex 20:12). Eph 6:2 also give us the same promise that "Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise, that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth." Some earthly parents seem to tolerate, even invite, abuse and neglect, but your heavenly Father is watching, and He is not amused. God will not allow it. Understand this, He will have the last word. He controls your breath and your heartbeat, and He has the muscle to control you. 

It comes on incest. The Bible teaches that there is a curse on anyone who commits incest. Deut 27:20 states, "Cursed is the one who lies with his father's wife." Incest brings God's judgment on an individual. And because about 25 percent of all American girls are victims of incest, many of America's fathers are under the curse of God. The judgment of God is right behind you. 

It comes on stealing. The prophet Zech 5:3 speaks about a curse that afflicts millions of people all over the earth. "Every thief shall be expelled." Ex 20:15 says, "You shall not steal.“ Lev 19:11 says, "You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another." Do you steal from your employer? God has cut you off. Do you steal from the department store? God has cut you off. The judgment of God will follow your families for 160 years. If you have stolen, take it back. Make it right.

It comes on idolatry. Perhaps the most common curse on man comes from violating the first commandment: "You shall have no other gods before Me." It says, "You shall not make for yourself a carved image-any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me" (Ex 20:4-5). Isa 45:21 says, "There is no other God besides Me."

God is saying, if you have a statue of any other god in your home, then you hate Me. Jesus said the same thing when He told the disciples, "He who is not with Me is against Me" (Mt 12:30). False gods empower curses. If you love more anything other than God, it can be an idol including your children, money, social status...etc. So John says, "Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world" (1Jn 2:15-16).