Intercity Church of Santa Maria

설  교 (Sermon)

Date : 20-03-16 08:56
The Nation under a Curse (2) (Ps 33:12)
 Writer : 관리자 (73.♡.173.231)
View : 1,188  
Last week, I talked about the judgment of God on an individual...Today, I am going to talk about the judgment of God on a nation.

The Curse on America

As a nation, America is under the curse of God, even now. Look at the scriptures. The stand we have taken on abortion, the stand we have taken against God in our classrooms. Deut 30:19 says, "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." Only through God's power and anointing touch can America be saved. 

David in Ps 50:22, "Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver." That stands for America today. The spirit of this new generation is born in the movie and television studios of Hollywood where macho violence is romanticized, Satan is lord, and witchcraft is the source of power. America's new generation has seen Jesus Christ portrayed as a demonized, lust-driven, spineless buffoon in such movies as the The Last Temptation of Christ. Hollywood continues to show its hatred toward God, because Hollywood hates Christianity. It is an industry of gluttony motivated by money and pride, a cancer that eats at the soul of the country. 

Consider how Hollywood and the secular media responded to concerns by animal rights activists. In 1990, such activists demanded that Disney Studios eliminate a scene from the movie White Fang. They considered the movie to have an antiwolf theme. The film showed a man being attacked by an unprovoked wolf. Activists claimed that this would never happen, that there was no scientific evidence to support that a wolf would behave in such a way. It is much more popular in America to be antiChrist, than to be antiwolf. 

Christianity and morality are not only losing in the movie theaters, the same theme is now running through American popular music. The young "gangstas" who hae taken over America's streets use violent rap music for their inspiration.
Time-Warner produced they hit song "Cop Killer," which encouraged a New York youth to murder a policeman in cold blood. Rock music, in general, often promotes drug abuse, satanism, rape, murder, and suicide. This is today's America. Ps 9:17 says, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.“

The Whole Chapters of Deuteronomy: the Curses of God

Not only the curses of God will place on the nation, but also the curses of God will place on the home, against people, to the cities, and eventually affects the economy of a whole nation. Moses warned the Israelites, "Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl." It referred to the economy. America is the richest country in the world now. But she faces an uncertain financial future simply because our government couldn't control its own spending. I fear someday in the near future, an American president will be faced with just two choices: Either he will declare America bankrupt, or he will instruct the Treasury Department to print more money, launching a found of hyperinflation that will our economy. 

The curse of the plagues will be spreaded out. Nowadays, so called Wuhan Coronavirus Pneumonia is spreading to the world. It's not done yet. It's keeps spreading and spreading and expanding to other countries, streets, cities, and homes.
Moses warned, "The Lord will make the plagues cling to you until He has consumed you.“ AIDS is one such incurable plague. No matter what new medical breakthroughs come forth, AIDS is still as deadly as ever. Since World War I and II, many kinds of plagues were present: Cholera, Pest...Ebola, Sars in China (2005), Mers in Saudi Arabia (2012), and Wuhan Coronavirus broke out in China again this year. 

Moses also warn the disobedient nation that the alien who is among you shall rise higher and higher above you, and you shall come down lower and lower. Hosea wrote, "Strangers devour his strength, yet he does not know it." (Hos 7:9). Foreign countries are currently buying our land, businesses, real estate, and industry out from under our feet. The foreigners are not to blame, but whose financial interest do you think they are going to protect? Our national leaders tell us that economic time bombs have been planted on Wall Street. Other nations have so much interest in stocks and bonds, they hold America hostage. 

2Chro 7:14, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." This is our call to return to absolute loyalty to the Word of God. It is our only hope to take our country out of the hands of the foreign powers holding us hostage. In our calling to absolute loyalty to God, we must, as a nation, stand up for that which is right and clearly appose the wrong. Remember, God is watching. He is the only one to fear. When the president stands before the nations and calls for homosexuals to be legally acknowledged by allowing them into the military, we as a nation must rise up and let him hear our voices: "No, while we have great love for every singly human being, that behavior is an abomination under the Word of God. We will not accept it.“ When Hillary Clinton calls for children to have the right to sue their parents for divorce, we must let her hear our voices: "No, children, honor our father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the earth.“ If the welfare department continues to tax them who work and then give money to men who can work but will not work, we must take a stand against it and let the nation's leaders hear our voices: "No, the man who does not work will not eat.“

We must make the Word of God known to our children, known to our neighbors, and known to our politicians; it is our only hope. If we ridiculed and demeaned, so what? Jesus was ridiculed and demeaned. If we are outlawed and imprisoned, so what? David was an outlaw. Peter and Paul were both imprisoned. 

Remember, the basis of either a blessing or a curse is obedience to God's Word. Has America been obedient? America's number one problem is not the economy, it is not the crime rate, it is not our corrupt politicians. America's number one problem is the judgment of God, because God hates sin and America is saturated with it. The solution is not in the hands of our politicians, our hands of every believing Christian who has the faith to pray and believe that once again God will bless America and raise her up as a testimony to the world. In Genesis, God scooped up a handful of dirt and breathed into it, and man became a living soul. The God that we serve is the Creator, our Lord, and our Master. He is the only God, and He is our only salvation.